How We Serve
The Vancouver Lions Club provides thousands of hours to community service projects and donates thousands of dollars to local charities from fund–raising activities, year in and year out.
Service projects include:
- An annual carnival for blind and deaf students.
- An annual swim meet for blind and disabled students.
- The Walk And Knock food drive.
- Bowling nights with blind students.
- Ringing bells for the Salvation Army Christmas fund drive.
- The White Cane Days fund drive.
- Gathering used eyeglasses for recycling to the needy.
Fund–raising activities include:
- Selling a calendar featuring photography by blind students.
- A Hawaiian Vacation raffle.
- Collecting tickets at local High School football games.
- Wrapping Christmas gifts during the holiday season.
- Selling first aid kits for home, sports and your car.